Thank you so much for expressing interest in adopting your next best friend from Loving Heart Animal Shelter! Every pet adopted means another available space at the shelter, which means we are
able to rescue another animal in need of our help.
The adoption process is as follows:
- Step One: Determine what types of pets will be the best fit for your family. Consider points such as size, age, and energy level. If at first you don't find any matches,
consider expanding your horizons (for instance, would you accept a pet of an older or younger age?).
- Step Two: Meet any pets you are interested in adopting. We have many wonderful dogs and cats looking for loving homes. Each adoptable pet profile will note where
that specific pet is located. Dogs are typically at the shelter facility, and cats are located at the shelter facility, Paw Prints Animal Hospital's free-roaming cat room, Pet Valu in West Lafayette,
and Pet Supplies Plus.
- Step Three: Fill out a dog or cat adoption application at the shelter or by clicking on one of the links below.
Dog Adoption Application
- Step Four: Complete the adoption. Cat adoptions will be completed where the cat is located. Dogs will be brought to the applicant's home for a home-visit; and if all goes
well, the adoption will be completed there.
- Step Five: Settle in. It is very important to provide your newly-adopted pet with plenty of love, care, and patience as he adjusts and adapts to your home and routine. Some pets
may settle in immediately, while others may need a week or two to fully settle in and be themselves.
Please Note: We try to match our pets with the families we feel would best suit the pet's needs - not the other way around. Adoptions are not first come first serve. We reserve the
right to refuse any application.